1105 N 2nd Street
Silver Falls Timber Company
Built in 1916, the Silver Falls Timber Company was one of the largest sawmills in Oregon. It ran two shifts and employed close to five hundred workers. At capacity the mill could produce up to 250,000 feet of lumber during each ten hour run. Located off Hobart Road, the mill had timber holdings of about 30,000 acres located in both Marion and Clackamas counties. The mill’s owner, Mr. McGinnis, was a renowned fan of baseball and supported the Silverton Red Sox semi-pro baseball team for many years. This mural, located on First Street at the end of Garden City Storage, was painted in 2003 by Artist David McDonald. It depicts two ‘Pond Monkeys’ moving logs to the green chain, with the mill building in the background.
To join the Silverton Mural Society
please fill out the membership form and pay the $200 fee below