Dogwood Mural

Muralist

Kelly G. Ferrah

Date Completed

2017

Location

Corner of 2nd & Oak Streets

History

This mural depicts the transition of the community from a lumber town in its early days into Oregon’s Garden City. In the lower-center of the mural, there is a log with an ax embedded in it, showing the initials W.O.W. The building was originally built for the Woodmen of the World, a fraternal organization, in 1907. It was home to the American Legion for many years, beginning in 1945.